D.S. MacKenzie Junior High has teamed up with the Mental Health Foundation and Oilers forward (#29) Leon Draisaitl for Hockey Helps Kids 2018, and is getting ready to kickoff this year’s Charity Cup Challenge on Wednesday at Rogers Place as members of #TeamDrai.
Each of the five teams involved in Hockey Helps Kids is charged with learning the ropes for supporting a charity: getting to know the ins and outs of the cause, spreading the word, fundraising, and—most importantly— creating a video to showcase their cause. The result: chosen charities will receive $10,000!
But there’s a chance for one team to win even bigger. The team who gets the most votes for their video wins $25,000 for their charity.
The students at D. S. MacKenzie have been working hard all semester to learn more about mental health in their community, and ways to promote it. They’ve also produced a killer video that we can’t wait to share with you.
Completely student-led, the video includes an original score written by a DSM student, and was designed, filmed, and edited by a group of talented youth at DSM (with some enthusiastic teachers cheering them on).
From this Wednesday until February 25, 2018, we ask you to join us in voting for #TeamDrai and our video.
It’s easy! Here’s how:
- Go to the Hockey Helps Kids page (it’s under Vote!)
- Choose Team Draisaitl and cast your vote.
- Repeat on additional devices (you can vote once per day on each device).
- Come back the next day and do it all again.
- Make the HHK voting page a bookmark in your browser for easy access.
- Set a recurring reminder in your phone or calendar so you never miss a day.
- Share our video on your social media page and multiply your impact.
- Choose a friend to vote with this month so you can hold each other accountable.
$25,000 will go a long way for improving mental health in our community. Please share our video once it’s gone live on Wednesday, and if you’re planning on being at the February 5th Oilers home game, keep your eyes peeled for our video on the big screen!